The Sumforest conference “Bridging research, policy and practice for sustainable forest management” was held on 17/18 October at the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site in Barcelona. It brought together 90 participants from 31 countries.
In the first session after the welcome words an overview about the activities that Sumforest conducted over the last four years was given.
The second part focused on one of the main achievements of Sumforest: the successful implementation of a Call for joint research proposals asking for solutions to three of the most pressing challenges in the forest sector: Resilience, Trade-offs and Competitiveness. For all three issues outstanding scientific experts and main stakeholders from industry or policy gave their views on the problem followed by presentations of the research projects that were selected to tackle the specific challenges.
The third part of the conference concentrated on possible follow ups of the Sumforest project and the last part informed about some projects that have gone past theoretical considerations and are implemented in the Mediterranean area.
Additionally during the Coffee and Lunch breaks the conference participants could visit and discuss the posters presented by the 25 young researchers from North Africa, Russia and the Eastern Partnership Countries who participated in the two step Summer School organised by Sumforest.
Download the program.
Download the list of participants.
Download all the presentations of the Sumforest Conference:
- Sumforest project, Martin Greimel
- Sumforest call, Vera Steinberg
- Sumforest summer school, Elena Kulikova
- Master Thesis focused on Sumforest, Julio Miguel García Vera
Session Call Topic 2 : Risk resilient forest management – Adapting forest management regimes which incorporate risk assessment related to potential climate change impacts to inform policy decision
- Importance of topic 2, Myriam Legay
- Importance of topic 2 (Policy/Practice), Piotr Borkowski
Session Call Topic 1 : Comparative assessment of the sustainability performance of forest-based other renewable and non-renewable raw material-based value chains to inform policy decisions
- Importance of topic 1, Bart Muys
- Importance of topic 1 (Policy/Practice), Martin Lovrecic
Session Call Topic 3: Investigation, appraisal and evaluation of trade-offs related to the provision of forest ecosystem services to inform policy decisions
- Importance of topic 3, Bo Jellesmark Thorsen
- Importance of topic 3 (Policy/Practice), Hanna Aho
- Project: POLYFORES, Irina Prokofieva
- Views from EC-RTD Forest Research Programme Officer on Sumforest, Doru Irimie
- The Foresterra project INFORMED: Lluís Coll
- Social Forest Project: Joachim Englert, SocialForest
You can also download the posters of the young researcher Summer School participants:
- Ala Donica Barcelona, 2017
- Aliaksandr Dvornik Poster
- Anastasia Rozenberg Final Poster
- Anna Bobrik Barcelona
- Anna Yaruk
- Beka Berzenshvili poster endemic
- Bogdana Dubrovets (Assessment of biological productivity)
- Daria Tebenkova_poster final
- Dmitry Kulagin Belarus
- Farid Seyfullayev
- Ekaterina Pozdnyakova poster.
- Ganna Lobchenko_Poster
- Iulia Polevshchikova poster_
- Georgi Teliashvili Poster
- Iulia Shcherba_poster
- Maksym BukshaPoster
- Lilit Khachatryan BARCELONA POSTER FINAL
- Mehtap Koç Poster (sumforest)
- Mustapha LatebSumforestPoster_Final
- Nesrine Tlili Poster
- Ramazan Akbulut-Poster
- Salem Sebei Présentation
- Seda Saranay Barcelona poster son
- Victoria Makhantceva
- Viktor Startsev_Subpolar Urals